Earth Day is celebrating its 49th year with more than 75,000 partners in nearly 192 countries who are building environmental democracy. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Earth Day is also a perfect time to see how you and your business can act socially and environmentally responsible every day.
Less Paper. Less Waste.
Conquering clutter is an easy place to start, especially when it comes to paper and paper waste. Look for new ways to use less paper by going digital. Having a paperless business will lessen paper waste, printer cartridges, and clutter too! Switching your magazines, newspapers, bank statements, and bills to a paperless format is a great way to cut down on unnecessary paper usage. With this one step, you’ve reduced the energy used for recycling, the piles on your counter, and your carbon footprint!
Clean For The Earth In Mind
Cleaning supplies with harsh chemicals, throw-away products, and products that come along with excessive or non-recyclable packaging can be replaced with more earth-friendly, non-toxic versions.
Make It Easy to Recycle For Your Employees
It is important to make recycling convenient for your employees and your family. In an office setting, recycling bins should be at every desk and copy station.
Some Other Earth Day Tips
• Turn off your computer or use the standby/hibernate mode when not in use.
• Instead of printing hard copies of documents, save them to your workplace’s online storage system, clouds like Dropbox or Google Drive or a USB drive.
• Try using rechargeable batteries as the disposable types are expensive to recycle.
• Instead of staples, try using a paperclip.
• Reuse paper envelopes and file folders by sticking a new label over the old one.